Sunday 17 May 2015

Defile Me

Hello Again, 
My second post of the day and possibly not the last. 
The following poem is a powerful reflective piece for me. Life has not always been kind, but life has also offered many healing and helping hands. To all who will feel this poem deeply. Remember that you are not alone and reaching out is the only way forward. 



Defile Me

Victimless crimes for the faceless? 
Voices scream in silent retort
Repulsion felt deep in reflective thought
Try harder and the coward will abate
Stay still and the pounding will stop
Defiling my temple ceaselessly
Love! A meaningless foible
Forgiveness! Your token need
My body will mend, my will... shattered
I am strength, as I remain
You the caitiff, as you transgress
Tis’ your penance to bask in my valour
Your impotence that breeds the abuse


By Helen Stallard
May 17, 2015






No comments:

Post a Comment