Friday 21 November 2014

Bitter Seeds

Good Evening, 
I have been so very lax with my blog of late. 
So to make amends I share with you something I have mused over for some time now. A poem I wrote to try to explain why I think we humans harbour and revisit painful memories that we have experienced through others. I personally use them to make me stronger and as a beacon to not inflict such pain on others. 



Bitter Seeds

After the actions those words flow
To deep inside wherein they grow
To tangled weed with twisted stalk
Poisoned words each time you talk

Bitter growth from deep inside
Splits your body-bursts your sides
Out it spews that angered seed
Choking you as vengeance bleeds

Slumped into that wounded heap
Toxic spawn you choose to keep
Grasping at this cruelest past 
Gardening you to make it last

To wallow in your own despair?
Or keep him lingering-beaten there?
To make you stronger day by day
For keeping bitter weeds at bay


By Helen Stallard

November 21, 2014 

No comments:

Post a Comment