Tuesday 25 November 2014

Mr Stokes

Hi All, 
Today's poem is written for someone I admire greatly. I tease him terribly, but I think he is probably used to that by now… at least I hope so. Mr Micheal Stokes is a brilliant photographer who pushes boundaries and ignores his critics. His artistic interpretation and admiration of the naked form is second to none and I never cease to tire of perusing the images he captures through his camera. He is an artist much like myself. Out there, not deterred by others who would seek to dismiss or discredit our works. I push emotional boundaries and he visual ones. 
So Mr Stokes, in honour of your works and continued dedication me smile at the beauty through your lens. I dedicate this small poem to you. Keep inspiring others through your work and don't forget that second selfie. ;) @stokes_photo



Mr Stokes


Deep into his lens they glance

Statuesque in their frozen stance

Masculine moulds this artists goal 

Beauty beyond mere mortal souls

Icons chiseled from toil and sweat

Captivating images we can’t forget

These God like idols to humanity

Not bound by the limits of society

Men of men who’s poise invokes

Each stilled in time by Mr Stokes



By Helen Stallard
November 25, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment