Monday 19 May 2014

Baby Bear

Good Evening Intrepid Poetry Readers, 
This evenings post is for my son Jacob. In the later part of his teenage years, he feels no need for a mothers love, but it is still there and growing. I wanted him to know that and decided to write these words for him. All my love Momma x 



Baby Bear

Do you remember me? I was there!

I kissed your face, stroked your hair.

I picked you up each time you fell.

Taught you how to read and spell.

I healed your wounds, felt your pain.

Stood for hours in pouring rain.

Faced your bullies, drove them out.

Reassured you when filled with doubt.

Look at you now all grown and strong.

But I miss your hugs, it’s been so long.

Please know that I am always there. 

Your Momma who will always care. 

You are far away, but still in my heart. 

I’ll be there in the end - as I was at the start.


By Helen Stallard

March 19, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment