Tuesday 13 May 2014

Furthest Horizon

Hi All, 
'Furthest Horizon' is one of my most personal poems. Life is not always easy and unfortunately relationships do not always evolve as we would like. 


Furthest Horizon


High up on your mountain top I climbed,
To look far beyond, to the view behind.

On distance pasts where love was drown,
Where bitter regrets and hurt's now found.

Upon furthest horizon to where I learned.
Those empty loves were never earned!

They drift like smoke up on the breeze,
Bringing mere mortals to their knees.

They don’t give… their owners take,
From those they cheat and hurt and break.

So in fevered rage the venom comes,
Like acid - from once velvet tongue.

And all this I saw beyond my past,
Those fateful choices... my future cast.

So I turned to you my mountain strong.
You heard this past, my sorrowful song.

As my solid rock in stormy sea,
You held me fast, you steadied me.

But while I cast my eyes back there.
I was left too vulnerable, open and bare.

Now time has moved and so I view,
My life as it begins anew.

But stumbling blocks have staggered me,
On this high mountain where I see.

By Helen Stallard

March 13, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment