Wednesday 21 May 2014

I Resent You

Good Morning, 
The following poem is not to be misunderstood. I am not a feminist spouting hate. Here I am showing jealousy at the things I feel my man has much easier than I. Within that feeling of jealousy I have also felt resentment. Not because he has all of the following, but because not matter how hard I try… I cannot. Simply because I am woman and he is man.

I Resent You

Your freedom and soundness of mind
That supportiveness within your kind
Whoosh... passing humour lost on me 
The endless hours where you are free
Pleasures you find cupped in your hand
Your ego when you make a stand
How easily you fall to sleep
Your temper that you always keep
The ease with which you forget
That way you never show regret
The way you just don’t give a damn
As I am woman and you are man. 


By Helen Stallard
March 21, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment