Monday 5 May 2014

Information Station

Good Afternoon, 
I wrote the following poem for my youngest son Jj. He is such a curious child and I tease him so much, but he takes it in good fun. 

For you Jj. Love Mummy x 



Information Station

I’m an information station! You just ask my kids.
I can answer any question, I can open any lid.

I can tell you...
Why reading books can be such fun
and what you get with 1 plus 1. 

Why clouds are white and the sky is blue
and what you get with 2 plus 2.

Why everyone should plant a tree
and what you get with 3 plus 3.

Why we never put fingers in doors
and what you get with 4 plus 4.

Why bees live in a white bee-hives
and what you get with 5 plus 5.

Why sweets and pop do not mix
and what you get with 6 plus 6.

Why good people get to live heaven
and what you get with 7 plus 7.

Why sometimes Daddies are a little late
and what you get with 8 plus 8.

Why people have to stand in line
and what you get with 9 plus 9.

Why tomorrow we all begin again
and what you get with 10 plus 10.

I even know how to tie a shoe
and why sheep bah and cows moo.

Why eating well’s good for your heart
and that practising more will make smart.

That being a Mum is a great vocation
and I’m the comfiest information station.


By Helen Stallard
March 5, 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment