Wednesday 7 May 2014

Hidden Frown

Good Afternoon, 
Sometimes we paint on a smile, be that literally or metaphorically! Today's poem reflects how we feel when we are crumbling on the inside, but showing that smile on the outside. No one is infallible!


Hidden Frown

When all around seem so alive!
In happiness for which they strive. 

Smiles and laughter through their day,
But inside I feel such a different way.

Between the lines through which I write.
My life is a very different sight.

Not love and flowers and angel wings,
But chaos, panic and bitter things.

Where people see a different me.
Joyfulness is all they all see.

But deep within, all locked away,
I hide my frown day after day.

A sadness of the looking glass.
Where I reflect on happenings past.

That darkest shadow of my yesterdays,
Hides my frown, that's where it stays.


By Helen Stallard

March 7, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment