Friday 23 May 2014

You and Me

Hello and Welcome, 
It is no secret that I have a homosexual son, of whom I am extremely proud… it is also no secret, (as my poetry portrays) that I am alternative. So I wrote today's poem with that in mind. I don't give two hoots who you are, how much you earn, what colour you are, where you came from, who you choose to love or hate. If you are nice to me then it will be reciprocated. No need to throw stones, at others, when you too live in a glass house. I have lived in one for years ;) 


You and Me

What makes me 'ME and makes you 'YOU',
The way we are or the things that we do?

From Times beginning - to it's very end,
It's seemed like us, me or you, verses them!

Tribe upon tribe over land they'd fight, 
Making them wrong or making them right?

When is one human so above the others?
Who decides if we're sisters or bothers?

United we stand and divided we'll fall, 
Now fight for equality, stand true and tall. 

There will always be some to oppress one of 'US'.
If "WE' are different then they'll make a fuss.

From our race, sex or preference, they will suppress,
There will always be morons who choose to protest.

So lets be united and in one voice shout aloud,
'WE' are all different and that makes us proud.

By Helen Stallard
March 23, 2014




No comments:

Post a Comment