Thursday 20 February 2014

Being a Mother

Good day to you all and thank you for joining me.
The following poem I wrote a long time ago, when I became a mum for the umpteenth time. It's not an easy job and people often see the things we don't do in a day. Not the things we have done. My children are no exception and I still with the three youngest living at home, struggle with how that makes me feel. Being a mother isn't easy and I don't use those words lightly. As being anyone who someone else depends on is hard. Anyhow see what you think.


Being a Mother


Why is it so hard to be a Mother?
When helping one child upsets another!

To spread your self so very thin.
While trying to balance your kith and kin. 

To manage finances that wont grow.
And seeing sad faces when you have to say “No.”

To cook, clean and carry and still be yourself. 
While maintaining decorum and pride in ones-self.

To love all around, when you just need a rest. 
While all other Mummies are looking their best. 

Those thoughts of solitude, that seem to allude.
Become illegal thoughts and something quite crude. 

When all those around you can vent how the feel.
But your thoughts and emotions aren't allowed to be real

We do love our babies I rush now to hasten. 
It’s not easy being the one to chastise and chasten.

Show more thanks for the jobs that we do. 
For the love and life skills that we’ve poured into you.

So remember why it’s hard being a Mom. 
Because for the jobs that we do we have to be strong. 



By Helen Stallard 
February 20   2014






No comments:

Post a Comment