Wednesday 5 February 2014

Within You

Not my usual genre, but …
There are few in life who invoke such passionate reactions in me. Among those few are my children. Of whom many of my works are based - based around the feelings in that moment. That are spiked emotions rushing like charging bulls, because of my love for them all. One child has a way to reach deep within and stroke my mind. My eldest son Adam. I have written this for him today. Why…? because he is amazing. 

Within You

A mind alive with the thrills of life.
Surrounded in the depth of knowledge … a vast expanse. 
To be teased out by spills of emotion. 
Twisting into the cavernous void that tried to become you. 
As it morphs into the levels that life depicts. 
Eking out its finest points, to endow that wealth, swathing you as it nurtures. 
You are my child - my son, all that I am, is within you. 


By Helen Stallard
February 5 2014

2 comments: