Monday 10 February 2014

Infinity

I wrote this piece some 20 years ago and have spent some time editing it today. It was written in love, but for a person who I soon realised had toyed with my emotions and cheated me of that love. I still adore the feeling I poured into it. Even though now upon reflection, I felt cheated at the time. It is part of what made me who I am today. I still adore the piece and now I share it with you.


Infinity

Why has it been that since time began. Two people can bind together like ancient vine... As it twists it’s way through infinity.
Why is it, since the elements first formed... That two people can punish one another. Like northern winds, bringing in the changes of cold winter nights. Then warm to each other like a warm summer sun on crystal clear water.
So why then, does this eternal battle of the hearts stay so alive... Is it possible to decipher an incomplete Chinese puzzle?
It can only be left to say, That the answer is no there to take! Pleasure, pain, anguish and heartache, are clasped tightly in the hands of love. Who are we to toy with these emotions?

So let it be... Because I love you!

By Helen Stallard  
February 10 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment