Friday 28 February 2014

Lost In Translation

Good Afternoon All, 
The following poem is very personal to me. I attended a Baptist Church for sometime and was treated very badly by certain members, when they discovered my son was homosexual and that I supported him. The poem is about my personal experience. I am not at all inferring that all churches treat homosexuals and their families this way. 
I truly believe that we are all judged in death and it is no human beings place to judge, condemn or persecute another. 



Lost In Translation


A mammoth oak door opens up, to symbolise its greeting. 
Inside it’s people settle down and enjoy a bible meeting.

No judgement here they chanted out, in our special flock.
A promise spouted, then rescinded - it’s value now begot.

Was my sin so severe, his back he turned to me?
Is this sin a bigger sin...  Now how could that be?

Is my child’s sexual desire judged by you not our God?
You’re full of lies and ignorance, you’re not Gods firing squad!

Narrow minded bible bashers,wrapped in your self-worth.
Bigot, bullying bible preachers and this will be your dearth.

Love us all in colour and creed, accepting in every-way.
Don’t exclude our Fathers child, just because they’re gay.


By Helen Stallard
February 28 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment