Tuesday 25 February 2014

Little Red

Good day to you,
The following is an old poem that I wrote years ago. I miss placed it and for some odd reason. Today I recalled it and have written it out for you. I went out walking as a very young mum and found myself with a sleeping baby and time on my hands. Out came my pen and I wrote Little Red.


Little Red
Watching a while.
Making me smile.
Busy little critter.
Making your pile. 

Shimmering in red.
Bobbing your head.
Your’e stashing away. 
Readying your bed.

Fast little flash.  
Watch you dash.
Limb to limb. 
With nutty cache.

Up and down.
Around and round.
Scamper and scurry.
Paws digging ground.

Fearless like leaps.
Growing your heaps.
Soon deepest winter.
Restful deep sleep.


© By HelenStallard  
February 25 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment