Thursday 6 February 2014

Silently

Hi All! I wrote this to try to epitomise how I felt when I was diagnosed with facial cancer. Once treated I was given the all clear, but during the days in between the treatment and the final diagnosis, I was very angry with the cancerous cells within my body. I felt cheated by some interloper. Invaded by an alien. Frantic to know how and why? It isn't the first time I have faced abnormal cells and I have lost dear friends to cancer. So I wrote these words and called it, "Silently" As it silently creeps up on you. Leaving you scared and isolated in your emotions. However, my will is stronger and equally as silent and those that have lost their battles have shown their silent reserve. So this poem it to sufferers and victims everywhere and all those that it touches. My Love Helen.


Silently

I know a thief will steal.
I know a snake can bite.
I know a heart can break.
I know the sun will set.

But you are deceptive.
But you are camouflaged.
But you are ever morphing.
But you are everywhere.

I know not when you will strike. 
I know not where you will manifest. 
I know not how you will appear. 
I know not why you evade. 

But I know you can maim.
But I know you can hide.
But I know you can kill.
But I know you are silent.

I know what you are!


By Helen Stallard
February 6 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment