Friday 14 February 2014

Lust

All around me today I am distracted by tokens of love for valentines. However, it lead me to think of my own past infidelities and what I like to call love crimes. No-one is perfect, but some use the poorest excuses to be unfaithful. I am sure some will never admit to their infidelities…

Lust

Then there were two, two faces interlocked.
Engaged... Bereft of awareness.
Falling into the pleasures of one another.
Twisting and contorting.
Toward that bottomless pit of carnal desire.
Deprived of the passion that embraces them.
They interlock and so it is.
A thoughtless engagement.
For the fruitless pursuit of lust.
Empty of real emotions.
Void of love in those minutes.
Minutes to hours and then.
Regret!
Engulfing you like pitch back.
The darkness off the eternal damned.
What would they do?
The other.
The one you think you love.
Love is a challenge.
In that you find life.
Where you find pain and happiness.
Do you feel for them?
No you feel for yourself.
The real deed is selfishness.
Who is the guilty one?
You the seeker of lust!


By Helen Stallard 
February 14  2014




No comments:

Post a Comment