Monday 17 March 2014

Child Beauty

Good morning all, 
My poem today is my interpretation of child pageants. Please you or offend you... I find them difficult to watch and even harder to understand the desire behind them. So this is may take on child beauty pageants. 


Child Beauty

You sexualise my body, play games with my mind.
Paint me in make-up and show me off to all mankind.

Place me on a platform, like a newly found princess.
Tiara on my tousled locks, while I wear a pretty dress.

Look at me your little girl, presented like I’m grown.
Free me of your desires, as I’m not your little clone. 

You take away my childhood, deprive of my friends.
Lie to me and coerce me, my life it all transcends. 

This will to win is not in me, it only thrives in you. 
My desire to be like you Mom, you really misconstrue.

I wish to run free and wild and just be the child I am.
Not be preened or poked again, this lifestyle is a sham.

This desire you have to dress me up, can only be reviled. 
Just let me be, love me Mom and treat me like your child.


By Helen Stallard
March17, 2014


  

No comments:

Post a Comment