Wednesday 5 March 2014

TV Addict

Hello, hello, hello :)
The following poem I wrote this morning. There are a few of my friends who like their soaps and I too love a good suspense or documentary. However, TV is often mind numbingly intrusive in our lives and we allow it! So I wrote this poem to remind myself, to get up, get out and do something with the ones I love.

TV Addict

Zombie like as it blares. 
We sit, we stare at this square.

No real joy we find within. 
This empty box with plastic skin.

Your viewing times a slippery slope.
Enthralled in adverts, films and soaps.

This appliance isn't a sitter for free. 
Watching our children, for you and me.

No one can tell you as you watch.
That there's a life outside this plastic box. 

A whole life you cannot place on pause. 
As you waste precious time, there’s a clause!

Your life outside can’t be flicked on with a switch. 
Go out... Live that life and 'STOP' being a TV addict. 


By Helen Stallard
March 5 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment