Tuesday 18 March 2014

Invisible Frame

Afternoon All, 
I wrote this poem in 2011 while attending an coarse at our local college. I found the building fascinating. This was unusual to me, due to the fact that my love of architecture tends to be of the ancient… Not the new. Finding myself drawn in to the very structure of the building, I placed pen on paper and wrote the following. 

Invisible Frame



I greet you with warmth and sanctuary, but you walk through me like the morning mist. Lighting your way as you fumble about, carelessly gouging, scrapping and bruising me. You don’t see my pain or feel my rejection, but still I protect you.

Though ignorant you are to my being, my existence... Showing no feeling toward me - you disregard my splendour.

I can save you! Guide you like the moon in a storm filled sky. Show the way to safety or alarm you to danger, but still you refuse to look at me; to really see me as I see you.

Filling my wholeness as you pass through me. Like blood pumping through veins. Anonymously I wait... Day after day you return to me, touching me and trusting me. Every second with you, I am filled with your noises and smells and still you ignore me. I'm here with you and yet isolated and lonely in my vastness.

Will you ever look deep into my heart, while you walk my main artery? Sadly, I fear you will never truly feel for me as I feel for you. Watching as you grow and develop through your spaces in time. I wonder… Will my architect be my only admirer?

By Helen Stallard
March 18, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment