Monday 3 March 2014

Vengeance

Hello and welcome, 
Today's poem is about something we all will, have or are struggling with. I had a very vengeful period, after separating from an ex. He was and is confidence trickster and saw me coming a mile away. I was so vengefully hateful towards him.  That it nearly consumed me, but with clarity of mind I realised it was myself with whom I was angry. Still those feeling were very real at the time and I wrote this to express them. Some 9 years ago now… How time passes!


Vengeance

In the dark recess’s of my mind. 
Deep in the corners. 
You can’t find. 

Small incantations fizzle and pop. 
Around in my head.
A whistle stop. 

No fond memories for you I keep.
Clouded thoughts. 
Running deep. 

This silent vengeance held inside. 
Consuming me.
Broken pride.

These hateful dashes to consume. 
Envelope me.
They entomb.

Releasing this hate, my magic key.
Forgetting you. 
Breaking free.


By Helen Stallard
March 3 2014 


No comments:

Post a Comment