Thursday 27 March 2014

Where Once

Hi All, 
Today's posting is about hate. Hate manifests in many forms and can be all consuming. I wrote this earlier today and had every intention of writing about the many frogs in my garden. However, while sat in my garden, my pen and mind had other ideas and 'Where Once' was born. The frogs will have to wait. 


Where Once

Where once was lust, now breeds hate. A monstrous beast of ferocity.
To feel nothing would be an easy escape, but even that you contaminated. 
With false promises you placated, persuaded and perpetuated.

Where once was affection, is now overcome with pestilence and festering 
aversion. Each thought of you blackens my mind and contorts my soul.
Sending my mind to feverish, fittings of repulsion. 

Where once was pride, now lies deflated disappointment. Wrapped in a
disproving bitter, acrid taste... Deposited by disfigured memories of you. 
Once bright and vibrant, now jaded by lies and exaggerations. 

Where once was love, now lays a lock Keyless. Destroyed by you and 
all that you were all that you are - all that you will be. You made
stepping stones into stumbling blocks. 

By Helen Stallard
March 27, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment