Tuesday 25 March 2014

Life Blood

Good Afternoon,
It's raining here in the UK today, but still warm. I stood, all melancholy - tracing the raindrops through the window pain and the urge to touch a droplet came over me. Holding my hand out of the window I caught a droplet. While watching it rolling around my palm, this poem sprang into my mind. Hope you enjoy it.

Life Blood

This clever gem does maximise, intensify things to my eyes.
 That little drop that fell from high, journeying from the bluest sky.
This crystal jewel so perfectly born, with rainbow spectrum in its form. 
Wondrous you are - myself you enmesh, as all around me you refresh.
Enhancing to me the simplest thing, refreshing colours - making them sing.
From my sight you will soon disappear, with nothing to show that you were hear.
Sometimes silent in frozen your form, or roaring on the wings of blackened storms. 
Your fate will be sealed as you disperse and spread your life blood through the earth.


By Helen Stallard
March 25, 2014




No comments:

Post a Comment