Monday 10 March 2014

Death

Good Evening, 
Another late post and for this I apologise. Todays poem is about my interpretation of death and how it stalks us. 



Death

The quiet unfolds, tis the dead of night 
As you hide away till mornings light 

Your heaving chests all rise then fall
As you succumb to sleeps deep call 

Tentatively I rise and creep
About you as you lay and sleep

I’m cold amongst you as I wonder 
And watch you as I think and ponder 

If I was watched when I was mortal
Before death dragged me to it’s portal

Yet rest I can’t and so I creep
About you all in bliss full sleep 

But my duty here do not dismiss
As to you I can bring deaths sweet kiss

I am the harbinger of doom
As I linger there within your room

When you wake with that fearful start
It’s because I am with you in the dark.


By Helen Stallard
March 10 2014






No comments:

Post a Comment