Thursday 20 March 2014

Parenting Delights

Good Evening All, 
Today's post was written in 2009. At the time I was a busy Mom of 7. I wrote this as a form of self expression. Wanting to articulate how my children's spurts of bickering felt. It isn't easy being put in the middle, when all you want is harmony. So this is for the parents of battling siblings everywhere and my children… Who will inevitably go through the same emotions with their own children. ;)


Parenting Delights

Another question - again and again they come at me. 
More cross words - again and again names rush at me.

Neither rest nor resolve.
Or calm understanding.
No neatness in thought.
Or gentle sweet handling.

Another resolution - again and again they divide me.
More indecision - again and again it multiplies in me.

No Eden in this storm.
Or secret niches to hide.
No surrender in those words.
Or blueness of sky.

Another demand! Again and again they bark to me.
More unrest! Again and again mediation from me.

No peace in this war.
Or limits to this fight.
No rest in this madness.
Or parenting delights.


By Helen Stallard

March 20, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment